8-May-2014: A total of 12 groups has participated in a day event of Inokom Internal Innovative and Creative Circle (ICC) Team Excellence 2014 at Inokom Corporation Sdn. Bhd., Kulim, Kedah.
The objectives of this event are to share the innovative and creative solutions implemented by the participating teams through ICC activities and to promote the growth and development of ICC activities as one of the workplace’s best practices in Inokom.
Distribution of ICC groups by department are as follows:-
- BMW Operations – 5 groups
- Body Shop – 2 groups
- Paint Shop – 1 group
- Trim Shop 2 – 1 group
- Manufacturing Engineering/ Project – 1 group
- Research & Development – 1 group
- Maintenance & Facilities – 1 group
En. Mohd Rizal Jailan, Managing Director of Inokom Corporation Sdn. Bhd., during his opening speech to officiate this event, has appreciated and thanked the participants for their best efforts to ensure that the event is a fruitful and successful. Inokom invited 2 professional and independent judges – En. Abdul Majid Ibrahim and En. Mohd Khairul Nazir Nawi from Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC), Kepala Batas to evaluate and score each group presentation and contents.
For the first time, Inokom has introduced 2 different leagues as an improvement to create equal opportunities with regards to level of maturity and experience.
- Junior Category for new groups with less than 2 times presenting the project.
- Senior Category for experienced group with more than 3 times participation.
By end of this event, Inokom has tabulated an accumulative total saving of RM1.8 million a year by all 12 participating groups. Later on, the ICC Committee have selected the best three groups to represent Inokom in upcoming the Southern Regional ICC Convention to be held at Berjaya Waterfront Hotel, Johor Baharu in early June 2014. The selected groups are:
- Cangrejo Group – R&D Department (Senior Category)
- MFG Group – Body Shop Department (Senior Category)
- MF Crowbar – Maintenance & Facilities (Junior Category)
Kudos to all the participants and the organizing Committee for making ICC as a work culture of Inokom!